For information on the admissions process for Tupton Primary and Nursery Academy click here:
Applications for a Nursery place are done through the school. Please ask at the office for an application pack
Applying for a primary or infant school place for 2024
If your child was born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020 they will be eligible to start in a reception class in September 2024. Applications for children due to start infant, primary and junior schools in September 2024 will open in November 2023. Further information will be available on the Derbyshire County Council site at that time. (see above link)
Our Pupil Admission Number (PAN) is 30 children per year group.
The admission criteria is as follows:
Priority will be given to:
- Looked after children and children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order).
- Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers or sisters attending school at the time of the application and admission
- Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission
- Children not living in the normal area served by the school but have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission
- Other children whose parents requested a place.
When in the case of 2,3,4 or 5 above, choices have to be made between children satisfying the same criteria, those children living nearest to the school (measured by a straight line distance) will be given preference.
Changing school at other times
You may want to apply for your child to change schools other than when they are due to start primary, junior or secondary education. This could be because of a change of address. You can do this online at any time of year and DCC have added guidance in the changing schools section to help you through the process.
Please remember… You have a legal right to express a preference for which school you want your child to go to. This isn’t the same as being able to choose. Where you have told DCC of a preference for a particular school and there are places they will try to offer you a place at that school. However, there is no automatic right to a place at a particular school and it may not always be possible to offer a place at your preference. For further information please see the secondary appeals or primary and junior appeals web pages.