All our school meals are cooked onsite in the school kitchen. As from September 2023 the cost for all KS2 children is £3.25 per day.
Payment for the meals should be made via Parent Pay. The kitchen needs a week’s notice if your child would like to start having a school lunch or wishes to change to sandwiches, so please let the office know. Children can choose to have a lunches on specific days rather than all week, just let the office know when those days will be.
For more information on school meals go to www.myschoollunch.co.uk/derbyshire.
Alternatively children can bring a packed lunch. This must be kept in a bag/sandwich box with their name on it. We encourage children to bring a healthy packed lunch that includes fruit and vegetables. Children are not permitted to bring fizzy drinks in their packed lunch.
We ask all children to bring healthy snacks for breaktimes Monday – Thursday. Friday is treat day when children can bring a snack of their choice.
Universal Free School Meals
From September 2014 all infant aged children (Reception, Years 1 and 2) receive their midday school meal free of charge.
Free School Meals
Could your children be entitled to free school meals?
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on: paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit: if you apply on or after 1 April 2018, your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Derbyshire County Council has an online application process, where parents can apply for Free School Meals (FSM). This application system will give parents an instant answer on their eligibility status. Here is the link: https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education/schools/your-child-at-school/meals/school-meals/free-school-meals.aspx
If you apply and you are eligible for Free School Meals, please inform the school office straight away so that we can update our records.
Once your family details are recorded in the council’s FSM database, the applications will be regularly re-checked, meaning that you don’t need to keep reapplying, unless your details change, e.g. surname.